Saturday, March 31, 2012

Our guild, Greater New Orleans Smocking, hosted Suzie Gay this weekend and the classes were held at my sewing studio. Although I did not participate in the class, I decided to work on the embroidery for my neice's first communion dress. I finished it and now I'm anxious to get started on the ribbon roses for the waistline and the halo for the veil. It's been a long time since I hand rolled ribbon flowers, but I'm pretty sure it's like riding a bike....hopefully. I also completed the embroidery for the baby gown and matching coat, which is planned for La Broderie Bayou. Photos to come.






We finalized the projects for our Summer Camp program and all I need to do now is get the brochure as a download on the site. Jane assured me that it would go up next week, so I'm certain it will. I'm not putting up the banner until the brochure is completed. As there are only 4 spots for the younger girls and 6 spots for the teens, I'm a bit worried the classes will fill before I get everything ready. This is my first time teaching young girls but Jane assures me she will help. I know she will be wonderful with the kids and we are certainly looking forward to working with them.

Billy's Uncle Dom passed away this week and we are all in a daze. He will sorely be missed, as he was truly a standup guy. When he retired, he was the longest sitting judge in the state of Louisiana. Everybody who knew him or met him found him to be such a nice guy. He was 87 years old. We all celebrated a life well lived.



No comments:

Post a Comment